Wednesday 21 January 2015

January Week Four

Oh My Goodness! The first month has been so exciting. I have watched all your amazing creations coming onto my Facebook feed, and the enthusiasm and positivity is heart warming. 

Week 4 is about keeping the creativity alive, sparking new ideas, and practice, practice, practice.
If you are feeling a bit stretched for ideas, jump over to the Pinterest board and see if anything catches your eye. There are also MORE TUTORIALS saved to the Pinterest board for those of you who feel like you have mastered the techniques already shared and still want more.

Annette has been a busy busy bee ordering all new products from CHA in America this last 2 weeks, so she hasn't had any time left for her Journey this month, but the loveley Lisa Hanrahan has more than made up for it: 





This tag was stamped with the flower first and then coloured with white crayon. It was then sprayed with orange ink and once dry, more colour was added. Pink ink was painted onto the white crayon petals and as you can see, there is still white that shows through.
I really enjoyed experimenting on tags. I was able to have a play around with new techniques and ones that I had not done in a long time. It seems that my embossing skills are a bit rusty!









This tag was very simple. I stamped the same image twice with Jet Black StazOn, then added white crayon for the resist. I sprayed the tag with two Distress Stains. Once dry, I added brown pencil work to the stems, inked the edges of the tag and quote and added Kindyglitz to the dots.
 



This tag is a really good example of white with two. It has a stylised flower stamp embossed with sparkly black powder. I used Dylusions Spray Inks and Glimmermist to add the blue to the background. Then I added layers of Inktense pencils and Prismacolor pencils for shading, and white pencil to highlight the petals.


I also found these three examples from the Facebook Driver Reviver Group that really caught my eye:
Tania Ballestrin

Carita Casu Oksa
Essie Jane

Keep playing with your resist techniques, and we will be back on the 1st of February with a brand new Roadtrip and Detour. I can't wait to see what Annette has in store for us!

Happy Arting!

4 comments:

  1. Good inspiration here and a full month of techniques and ideas. The project is off to a great start and I'm glad to be creating in a journal again. And I don't mind a week off to play, reflect and catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all of your hard work! It is inspiring, confidence-boosting, and just plain fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww shucks, thank you for showing my page. And thanks for this wonderful journey packed with inspiration. I love all your tag samples above!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow thanks for showing my page...I've loved January's journey, it's been so great to be reminded of techniques I'd forgotten about and learn new ones and am soooo looking forward to next month !! xx :-)

    ReplyDelete